Monday, April 15, 2013

The Zen of the Masters


Adam Scott had a great insight upon winning the Masters yesterday. He said that what helped him was being completely where he was on the course. Not thinking ahead. Not looking back.
  What a great reminder for a Monday. It's that Zen thing. If I can just be in the moment, then I'm right where I need to be.

I think of how many times I am thrilled to hear a favorite song on the radio, then get distracted and suddenly I realize I'm hearing the last notes.

Or I start rushing through a meal and forget to taste it so I get all the calories and none of the fun. Or how many times I forgot to listen to someone because I was thinking about what I was going to say next.

And I can't remember the last time I stopped to smell the roses, although my allergies and an overwhelming fear of wasps have a lot to do with that.

As it was put more succinctly on some sitcom that I can't remember, "If you ain't where you is, then you're nowhere."

I think I'll be here today.

No comments:

Post a Comment